Just a reminder that the 3rd Annual YO-YO Championships of Southern California are next weekend in Palm Desert, California. The event will consist of 1S & 2S Sport Ladders, 1A & 2A Championship Sport Ladders, Sports Freestyle (For 1S & 2S Sport Ladder competitors only), 1A Freestyle (one YO-YO) (not for 1S or 2S Sport Ladder competitors) and Y Freestyle (any style except 1A): Any combination of 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A is OK. (Not for 1S or 2S Sport Ladder competitors).
Also, Friday evening we will be hanging out at a local restaurant (should get confirmation of where today 1/5/07 and will post location shortly). Saturday night after the event we will be hanging out at another restaurant (again should know today where) and having a Best Trick Throw down (judged by audience in attendees).
Below are the details and contact information. I hope to see everyone there (I will be flying in from Florida on Wednesday PM and doing Television, Radio and Newspaper Interviews on Thursday and Friday and various demonstrations through-out the Desert Area Communities.
1. 3rd Annual YO-YO Championships of Southern California
2. January 12th and 13th 2007
3. Location: Palm Desert Community Center & Civic Center Park - 43-900 San Pablo Ave., Palm Desert, CA. Phone: 760-568-9697
4. Contact: Brenda Nutcher at 760-568-9697 or John Stangle 904-891-1988
5. Events: Friday evening - Hand out, eat and visit, practice and learn new tricks (location to be announced)
6. Saturday January 13th 2007 - YO-YO Championships (exact time to be announced)
7. Saturday evening - Best Trick Throw down (judged by audience in attendance)
8. Judges - Bill deBoisblanc and Patrick Mitchell
9. Emcee - John Stangle
Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert
74675 Highway #111
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Telephone (760) 340-4303 * Facsimile (760) 340-3723
Group Code: "YOY"
Can Arrive as early as : 10-Jan-2007
Departure Date: 14-Jan-2007
Check In Time: 03:00 PM
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM
Rate: $125.00 per night
Tax: 9.065% per room per night
Important!! Participants must refer to group code "YOY" when making reservations for this special room rate. Toll free reservations 1.800.465.4329.
Sport Ladder Competition - The Sports Ladder Competition consists of two parts; 1S & 2S Sports Ladder and 1A & 2A Championship Sports Ladder (Looping Trick Ladder). Final scores will be based on the combined scores from each of the two ladders as described below. The Sports Ladder Competition is designed to be a challenging and fair contest format beginning with easier tricks and quickly ramping up to much more difficult ones.
Scoring: For the Contest, a player is required to climb both the 1S: String Trick Ladder and the 2S: Looping Trick Ladder. The player may choose to start with either the 1S or 2S ladder. If a player chooses to try the tricks in only one of the two ladders they will be given a score of zero for the other ladder.
In both ladders a player is allowed only one attempt on each trick, successful completion of the trick advances the player to the next trick. If a trick is missed, the miss is noted, and the player also moves on to the next trick. The second time a trick is missed in a ladder, the player is retired from that ladder and will start the second ladder.
Successful completion of the tricks will be determined based on the judging criteria from the General Rules listed below. The combined score from the two ladders will be used to determine the awards.
A player receives a COMBINED SCORE equal to the sum of the last trick made in each ladder. Highest score wins. Ties will be broken by the greatest sum of the first trick missed in each ladder, further ties will be broken by the greatest sum of the second trick missed in each ladder.
Awards: Age Divisions are as follows:
· 10 and under
· 31 and over
Each age division will have only a 1st place winner. In addition, there will be awards for the top 3 places overall - combining all age divisions in the Sports Ladder Competition.
General Event, 1S & 2S Sports Ladder and 1A & 2A Championship division Competition Rules:
· The Sports Ladder Competition 1S & 2S is only open to player’s not competing in any of the two Championship Ladders (1A & 2A).
· Read the trick descriptions carefully. All tricks are to be performed as described in the text and trick videos shown at http://www.nationalyoyo.org/videos
· A trick is complete when the string is fully wound around the axle and back in the hand. (i.e. More than five inches of string remaining outside the yo-yo when caught is considered a miss.)
· If a yo-yo becomes bound up, the string breaks, the yo-yo comes apart, or otherwise malfunctions during a trick it will be considered a miss.
· Significant loss of control of a yo-yo during a trick may be considered a miss.
· On all 1S tricks, the yo-yo may be returned to the Throwhand utilizing a bind if you so desire. However, an unsuccessful bind attempt will be considered a miss.
· The yo-yo must be caught with one hand, the hand that originally threw the yo-yo, and not trapped against the body.
· Flipovers or string misses will not be allowed in the 1S ladder.
· A trick starts and finishes within the trick box. A player must keep feet planted on all tricks except trick number 22 "Staircase" in the 2A ladder.
· A throw made within the trick box counts as an attempt. Outside the 1A & 2A trick box a player may only toss sleepers and string adjustments. Outside the 1S & 2S trick box a player may only toss sleepers, forward passes, a few loops, a few hops and string adjustments.
· Practicing a contest trick outside the trick box during the judging session will be considered a miss.
· During the 1A ladder you may change your yo-yo only one time.
· During the 2A ladder you may not change your yo-yo during the first 9 one-hand tricks. After trick number 9, yo-yo(s) may be changed to perform the two-hand tricks. The same two yo-yos must then be used for tricks 10-15.
· An unintentional broken or knotted string may be replaced.
· A judge has the discretion to allow replacement of a yo-yo if the yo-yo is unintentionally damaged.
· Freestyle – Sports Ladder competitors may not compete in Y Division Freestyle.
1 - Sleeper2 - Sideways World Tour3 - Eiffel Tower4 - Rock the Baby5 - Elevator6 - Brain Twister7 - Trapeze8 - Split the Atom9 - Double or Nothing10 - Mach 511 - Cold Fusion12 - Pop 'n' Fresh13 - Gerbil14 - Plastic Whip15 - Eli Hop16 - Boingy17 - Gyroscopic Flop18 - Kwijibo19 - Hook20 - Suicide Catch21 - Iron Whip22 - Kamikaze23 - Spirit Bomb24 - Throwhand Grind25 - Black Hop
1 - Forward Pass2 - Around the World3 - Breakaway4 - Tidal Wave5 - Inside Loops6 - Outside Loops7 - Time Warp8 - Hop the Fence9 - Planet Hop10 - Sidewinder11 - Warp Drive12 - Reach for the Moon13 - Inside-Outside Loops14 - Vertical Punch15 - Punching Bag16 - 2-hand Loops17 - Milk the Cow18 - Ride the Horse (Loop-Hop)19 - Loops and Reach for the Moon20 - 2-hand Vertical Punches21 - Sword and Shield22 - Staircase23 - Kurkuru Milk24 - One Hand Arm Wrap25 - Two-hand Reach for the Moon
1 - Cold Fusion2 - Pop 'n' Fresh3 - Gerbil4 - Plastic Whip5 - Eli Hop6 - Boingy7 - Gyroscopic Flop8 - Kwijibo9 - Hook10 - Suicide Catch11 - Iron Whip12 - Kamikaze13 - Spirit Bomb14 - Throwhand Grind15 - Black Hop
1 - Time Warp2 - Hop the Fence3 - Planet Hop4 - Sidewinder5 - Warp Drive6 - Reach for the Moon7 - Inside-Outside Loops8 - Vertical Punch9 - Punching Bag10 - 2-hand Loops11 - Milk the Cow12 - Ride the Horse (Loop-Hop)13 - Loops and Reach for the Moon14 - 2-hand Vertical Punches15 - Sword and Shield
1. Sports Freestyle (For 1S & 2S Sport Ladder competitors only)
2. 1A Freestyle (one YO-YO) (not for 1S or 2S Sport Ladder competitors)
3. Y Freestyle (any style except 1A): Any combination of 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A is OK. (Not for 1S or 2S Sport Ladder competitors)
Results 1 to 5 of 5
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Sonoma County, California
01-05-2007 04:59 AM"When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A Kid"
- Rep Power
01-05-2007 10:12 AM
DAmmit I wanna go!
I'm gonna try!
Brought to you by Pepsi (Don't Spill)
01-05-2007 12:35 PMOriginally Posted by Yin_Yo
"I got and idea!" -Me
"Everyone take a few steps back." -Doc Pop
01-05-2007 04:40 PMOriginally Posted by Yin_Yo
01-05-2007 04:41 PM
I'm not going to make it this year....
Santa Cruz Yo-Yo Club
Spintastics Diabolo Team
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)