Some of you may be wondering if your yoyo is responsive or unresponsive. Here are a few tests you can do to tell a responsive yoyo from an unresponsive one.
(Sorry to write the same thing over and over again after each test. It is neccesary though.)
- Throw a hard sleeper. Give the yoyo a big tug. If it does'nt wind up it is unresponsive and if it wacks you in the knuckles (or even returns normally, for that matter) than it is responsive.
- Do a plasticwhip. If it works it is unresponsive (unless you can't consistantly do plasticwhip), and if it comes up and the string is in a big knot (well you get the point.);)
- Do any trick that requires an unresponsive yoyo to do. If it works its unresponsive and if it doesn't it's responsive.
- Check the site. Sometimes it will have a disclamer. Ex. Disclaimer:
Raptor is for experienced yo-yo players and is unresponsive. Meaning that it does not return to the hand when you tug the string. To bring the yo-yo back to your hand you must do a "bind". Instructions are included.
- Ask around this forum. Most of these guys are friendly and have had the yoyo or can refer you to someone who does.
If you have any tests you put your yoyo's through to test responsiveness please post them.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
06-15-2011 06:31 PM
06-15-2011 07:35 PM
Grinding? Usually, something 100% unresponsive won't snag on me, with perfect string tension of course. So when I throw a breakaway throw, then pop it up onto my arm and it makes it and rides across smoothly with no sudden snag, then it passes the unresponsive test for me.Main Yo-yo lineup:
Duncan Raptor (Rawr!), RecRev No. 9, Yomega Maverick, Metal Drifter, Popstar, and Lyn Fury
06-16-2011 05:00 AM
Good point. I have never been able to do grinds because I haven't had a good enough yoyo.
- Join Date
- Jan 2016
01-11-2016 03:45 PM
- Rep Power
i have a yoyo that i can't figure out which one it is, its like a mix. it can sleep for an average of 23 seconds and it can do everything that my non responsive yoyo can do and everything my responsive yoyo can do. i don't know who to "plastic whip" and i don't know this yoyo's name. plz help mer
01-11-2016 07:27 PM
You need to be more specific. What is the yoyo? Being able to do plastic whip or not is meaningless.
"No one ever got better at hockey by bowling"
- Join Date
- May 2016
05-08-2016 10:46 PM
- Rep Power
I haven't had a good enough yoyo.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By macca in forum Yo I'm NewReplies: 29Last Post: 11-24-2013, 10:38 AM
By jonahtroyzim in forum YoYo DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 03-25-2011, 07:58 AM
By melikeyyoyo in forum YoYo DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
By yoyofan09 in forum Yo I'm NewReplies: 8Last Post: 03-30-2006, 03:43 AM
By slotsurfer in forum YoYo ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2003, 11:59 PM